I have booted 5.1.1 as a Live CD about 10 times on an old laptop. Sometimes, all goes well, but about a third of the time, error boxes pop up advising me that the "media protocol unexpectedly quit" or the "file protocol unexpectedly quit". When this happens, the icons for the hard drive and CD disappear from the desktop. The most recent time I booted up and this happened, I found that my sound was still functional and I could still mount and read both partitions on the hard drive.
I have not seen this error message booting with other Live CDs on this machine. In seeking info on this error, I have googled without finding a clear
discussion.
Since this distribution works better with this laptop than any other one I have tried, I would like to uncover what if anything I need to do about this, because I want to move to a poor man type install on the hard drive.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99
$550.00
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Commodore VIC-1540 Single Floppy Disk Drive Rare Power Tested
$199.99
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99