The package name is playvideodisk-knoppix.
Hi;
I would like to uninstall playvideodisk, which shows up in dpkg but when I got to unisnall it ( dpkg -P playvideodisk ) I get a message saying it isn't installed.
How can I remove this package ?
Steve
The package name is playvideodisk-knoppix.
Will uninstalling it break anything? ( I am uninstalling and rebuilding xine ).Originally Posted by Stephen
I ask because I found this description:
================================================== ======
Frontend for xine to change DVD-device on-the-fly This is really a missing-feature workaround for xine, since xine currently does not allow you to specify your DVD-Device by commandline option. The package may become obsolete soon, but is needed for the Knoppix xsession autoconfig.
================================================== ===========
Steve
Looks like it is used for the CD auto-detection I don't think you need it for hd install and when you go to remove it only wants to remove the one package.
So removal is up to you it's not going to break xine it's just a work around script like it says in the description.Code:[01:23 PM Tue May 27: root @ /home/stephen] ># agrs playvideodisk-knoppix Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done The following packages will be REMOVED: playvideodisk-knoppix 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 18 not upgraded. Remv playvideodisk-knoppix (0.5-2 )

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$179.99
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core 3.8GHz Socket AM5 CPU w/ Wraith Cooler 100-100000592BOX
$135.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T480 14" FHD i5-8250U 8GB 256GB SSD Windows 11
$200.00
MSI H97 PC MATE ATX Motherboard Combo Core i7-4790 20GB RAM TESTED
$99.00