-
Blank screen after booting (xmodule=vesa does not work!)
I have recently burned the boot cd, it goes fine through the hardware detection and all but after I say to boot linux it just goes black. The usual fix for this (xmodule=vesa) does not work for me, I get the same problem. I can post more info if you need it. Thanks.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Hardware specs might be nice. The one I'm concerned about is what scan rates does your monitor support, and I'll suggest that you try forcing the display scan rates to parameters that you are sure are within spec. But when that doesn't work we'll need to know the rest of the hardware specs, so you might as well give them now.
Also, did you confirm the md5 checksum of the iso before burning? (It's not hard to imagine a bad ISO might cause the screen to go black while booting).
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, 2.21 GHz
1GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
GigaByte GA-M57SLI-S4 Motherboard
LG Flatron L1952T Monitor (not sure of scan rate, will try and find out)
I did not comfirm the md5 checksum but I still have the ISO files so I can check now. I'll go do that and report that.
-
According to winMd5Sum they are different. That would probably be my problem. I will redownload and try again. Thanks for your help.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
sydrto
According to winMd5Sum they are different. That would probably be my problem. I will redownload and try again. Thanks for your help.
Redownloading is not the best idea. You might be able to fix it with BitTorrent without dowmloading everything again. And BitTorrent is much more reliable than the mirrors, even if you do redownload everything at least with BitTorent it will be right this time (and much faster if you have you system configured for BitTorrent properly). See the downloading faq for details.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By ultrauber in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-12-2009, 02:10 AM
-
By organicpuzzle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-21-2007, 11:04 AM
-
By RosH in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2006, 02:06 PM
-
By JoeNEEDSHELP in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 03:42 AM
-
By frastitute in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AMD AM5 Motherboard
$120.00

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

MSI PRO B760-VC WIFI Intel ATX DDR5 Motherboard Original accessories I/O shield
$72.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00