-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
JohnnyH
A digression to pick up on your subsidiary remarks

I also found Knoppix 3.7 to be the best that 'just worked', at least for its own era of equipment/software. I got some extended life from it with Debian backports, but have now had to move on because of the major changes from Sarge era libraries to Etch|Lenny|Sid .
I got Wine working fine in Knoppix 5.1.1 by purging the supplied (winehq) packages and pointing sources.list at the Debian Etch repositories instead (and I've no reason to suppose that Lenny & Sid wouldn't be OK as well - just haven't tried them yet)

.
BTW the latest Sidux looks very promising ... just about to try it

I assume you did this in a remaster. Could you give a brief description of how you purged the winehq packages. I tried to muddle through that when I remastered 5.1.1, but was not successful.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'backports', but Google should assist me.
I tried Sidux, but sadly the kernel module needed to decrypt seemed absent. I got the 'ioctl etc.' message when I attempted to mount my home drive.
Thanks for your reply.
Similar Threads
-
By alexak in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-02-2009, 02:51 AM
-
By IBM in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2007, 07:37 AM
-
By Curious Dave in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-26-2006, 04:25 AM
-
By tjacobs in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:32 AM
-
By A.x.A3x in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo Yoga 11e Gen 5 2-in-1 Touchscreen 11" HD Laptop 4GB 128GB SSD Windows 11
$99.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1539.00

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50