HI,
already resolved, thx!
Hi to the users of this forum,
I booted from the knoppix cd in order to start gparted, because I need to check my harddrive (cannot enter operating system XP. When I want to open gparted a pop up window opens and asks me for the administrative password (says: The application gparted-bin lets you modify essential parts of your system). The windows xp system had no administrative password in case it refers to this one. I dont know what password to enter in order to start gparted. When opening hda1 it says drive cannot be included, failed to mount dev/hda1, operation not supported, mount is denied because ntfs is unclean. suggestion is to boot windows, which is not possible.
For any hint or suggestion I am very grateful.
Harry
HI,
already resolved, thx!
...and the answer was....?
I'm getting that too.. all I wanted it for was gparted.. in fact I found a livecd version: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php
Simon.
There IS an administrator account, but it hasn't got a password. Gparted doesn't understand that :S
So, to start Gparted with administrator access:
Open the Konsole (in the KDE panel) and typeto start gparted with administrator rights.Code:sudo gparted
Another thing:
I also got this error, while there was nothing wrong with my drive. I just started Win XP and it worked again. For you, this isn't possible though.failed to mount dev/hda1, operation not supported, mount is denied because ntfs is unclean.
You might try mounting it immediately after Knoppix finished booting, before starting other programs, and then save your configuration. But I think this won't work if the error is more serious.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99