Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Accessing VNCServer in Knoppix 5.1 through HTTP

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Accessing VNCServer in Knoppix 5.1 through HTTP

    I am using Knoppix 5.1 . I have installed the Live CD in Hard Disk.

    I am able to run vncserver (tightvnc) and I am able to access it from Windows through VNCviewer.

    However, I am not able to access it via HTTP (Ineternet Explorer browser).

    I can see port 5901 in Knoppix. I have disabled firewall at Windows end.

    Is there any firewall issue at Knoppix end? If so, how to modify the rules?

    Is there any options (like -httpport xxxx) required to start the VNC server?


    Regards
    G Balakrishnan

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    122
    try entering "localhost:5901' in iceweasel or your preferred web browser. If it connects then something on your Linux host is blocking external access to the VNC server..... if it DOESNT connect maybe make sure http access is enabled in tightvnc (cant be much help here as I havent used it)


    " Is there any firewall issue at Knoppix end? If so, how to modify the rules? "

    check the output of ` iptables -L ` for any active firewall rules.


    Take Care,
    -Justin
    One Mynds Eye

  3. #3
    1. As I mentioned earlier, port 5901 is open in Knoppix side. Konqueror browser shows "RFB RFB" when i say http://localhost:5901

    It works fine if I use vncviewer client (xx.xx.xx.xx:1)...

    2. Ipchains -L gives error : "incompatible kernel..."

    3. (tight)vncserver on Windows works perfectly fine - it allows http access. But its counterpart in Knoppix is behaving strangely...cant understand why...

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.0.1 HDD and vncserver font problem
    By iw5dxh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 10:39 PM
  2. I need help with Knoppix vncserver
    By adsum in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 11:59 AM
  3. knoppix 3.7 remote desktop - VNCSERVER ptoblem
    By pupton in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 10:21 PM
  4. How to customize Knoppix live cd to autostart vncserver
    By patrick79 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 11:06 PM
  5. VNCServer after Knoppix HDD install.
    By phillzee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4  picture

Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4

$59.45



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard picture

Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard

$79.00



15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT picture

15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT

$149.95



15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT picture

15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT

$149.95



Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8 picture

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8

$170.99



Rare Vintage Dynaphase 9 / NINE Speaker - As Is, Cosmetics, Read picture

Rare Vintage Dynaphase 9 / NINE Speaker - As Is, Cosmetics, Read

$99.99



Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM picture

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM

$129.00



Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard picture

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard

$350.00