Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: [installing knoppix on a HD over a lan with terminal server]

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3

    [installing knoppix on a HD over a lan with terminal server]

    This is the problem:
    I have a cdrom with knoppix on it. I boot it with my pc.
    I start the terminal server on it and my laptop with no cdrom is booting from lan.
    I'm logged into knoppix on my laptop.
    So far so good.
    But I want to install knoppix onto the HD of my laptop.
    I tried to open a root shell. But when I click it. it opens and it closes.. :S
    Then I opened a regualar shell and tried the sudo command.
    It said: "sorry sudo must be setuid root"
    If I try to run the /usr/local/bin/km-hdinstall it says permission denied..

    Can someone help me with it..
    please..

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: [installing knoppix on a HD over a lan with terminal ser

    Quote Originally Posted by rslaats
    Then I opened a regualar shell and tried the sudo command.
    It said: "sorry sudo must be setuid root"
    If I try to run the /usr/local/bin/km-hdinstall it says permission denied..
    First of all- I assume that /usr/local/bin/km-hdinstall is a typo.

    Did you try it like this:

    Code:
    sudo /usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall
    Here is the
    how-to for installing over the net if you haven't seen it already.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3
    Sorry it was a typo..

    But do you have any idea, how to install it over a terminal server?
    Did someone succeed with it?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298

    Re: [installing knoppix on a HD over a lan with terminal ser

    *cough*uncheckdisablerootaccesonclients*cough*

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3

    Re: [installing knoppix on a HD over a lan with terminal ser

    *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk Poley
    *cough*uncheckdisablerootaccesonclients*cough*
    How?? *cough*

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    You do this when you setup the terminal server, I think there are 4 or so options that are all selected by default.

    HTH

    rock

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Can't the terminal server run off an HDD install?

    Upset,

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Terminal Server
    By glug in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 01:52 AM
  2. Knoppix Terminal Server
    By glug in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 09:01 AM
  3. Knoppix Terminal Server
    By globaltekit in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 06:13 PM
  4. Knoppix Terminal Server
    By steve2004 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 12:21 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368 picture

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368

$22.99



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY picture

Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY

$32.99



OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR picture

OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR

$37.40



OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



NEW OEM V6W33 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3330 3320 Vostro 3515 picture

NEW OEM V6W33 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3330 3320 Vostro 3515

$22.00



OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576 picture

OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576

$26.99



OEM Genuine JHT2H Battery FOR DELL Latitude 7410 7310 4V5X2 0WY9MP 0HRGYV 04V5X2 picture

OEM Genuine JHT2H Battery FOR DELL Latitude 7410 7310 4V5X2 0WY9MP 0HRGYV 04V5X2

$31.99



OEM 38Wh F62G0 Battery for Dell Inspiron 13 5370 7000 7370 7380 7386 7373 P83G picture

OEM 38Wh F62G0 Battery for Dell Inspiron 13 5370 7000 7370 7380 7386 7373 P83G

$29.89