-
Thanks
WOW!!! "knoppix nodma" works! Thanks a lot.
But what is this DMA thing anyway? And why was it causing problems? Are there any performance issues I might have to face?
I am already facing a problem, don't know why. My USB drive does not work under Knoppix. When I plug it in, I can see its icon on the desktop, but clicking on it gives me the message "Could not mount device. The reported error was: mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified." Can somebody help?
Similar Threads
-
By crapszwei in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 04:16 AM
-
By qeldroma in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:28 AM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo 230 With Power Supply Floppy Drive Parts
$100.00

RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*
$299.99

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99

Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ
$179.99

6 LB Mixed Lot of Vintage PC Cables /Adapters/Connectors - SATA/Optical/IDE/SLI
$34.95

Vintage Exponent 11 Drawer Modular Media Storage Cabinet 3.5 5.25 Floppy PC Disk
$250.00

Vintage Gateway Solo 2100 Laptop Intel Pentium 150MHz, No Operating System
$40.00

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Vintage Microsoft Windows 95 Full Retail Version COMPLETE 3.5" Floppy Disks Box
$100.00