-
Hello
I was trying to use Knoppix 5.1 but I get black screen after:
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hda [ NAME ]
looking for KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hda...
and nothing happens after that. I thought that it may be some problem with CD-ROM but when i
changed it for two different models the same thing happend.
I was trying to boot it on laptop satellite a200-1gs (dual core) but it doesn't work in normal mode only in
failsafe. Touchepad, mouse(on bluetooth), wi-fi and probably something else is not working
then. In normal mode everything is fine until X loads, then screen goes black
Any ideas what problem may be with my pc or laptop?
I was trying to start it with
nodma , noscsi acpi=off, xmodule=vesa,fb1024x768
I've just started laptop with:
knoppix noapic noagp noapm noaudio noddc nodhcp nofstab nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi noswap noudev nousb nousb2 noideraid pnpbios=off acpi=off
and it's working but its not comfortable way to start it, is it?
Maybe I can start it with less arguments.
Similar Threads
-
By crapszwei in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 04:16 AM
-
By qeldroma in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:28 AM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$225.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP
$149.99

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99