When I start knoppix it is all in German. As I can't read German, I can't see how to change the language. I tried changing the flag but it didn't work.
Step by step help would be gratefully received.
Kev
When I start knoppix it is all in German. As I can't read German, I can't see how to change the language. I tried changing the flag but it didn't work.
Step by step help would be gratefully received.
Kev
follow the steps here:
# When you've rebooted Knoppix from your hard disk, click on the KDE Control Centre icon in the launcher at the bottom of the screen (icon of a colour monitor with a card in front of it)
# Within the Control Center, click on Personliche Einstellungen
# Click on Land und Sprache
# Choose the locale and language of your choice
# Click on Andwenden at bottom of that window
# Close and restart the Control Center
# Click on Peripherals, then Keyboard, and choose your preferred keyboard layout (which will probably be US.English. Click OK and close the window
pasted from: http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html
Thanks for that - when you say close control centre - do you mean re-boot?
Ok just tried but can't see the option as you described.
When I click on the control centre, the option I get on the menu is Einstellungen, nowhere in that drop down does it give an option for Land und Sprache.
What have I done wrong?
im not sure. visit the link i posted for the full instructions:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/posting...=reply&t=27396

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99