-
Knoppix Newbie Boot problem
When I start knoppix it is all in German. As I can't read German, I can't see how to change the language. I tried changing the flag but it didn't work.
Step by step help would be gratefully received.
Kev
-
follow the steps here:
# When you've rebooted Knoppix from your hard disk, click on the KDE Control Centre icon in the launcher at the bottom of the screen (icon of a colour monitor with a card in front of it)
# Within the Control Center, click on Personliche Einstellungen
# Click on Land und Sprache
# Choose the locale and language of your choice
# Click on Andwenden at bottom of that window
# Close and restart the Control Center
# Click on Peripherals, then Keyboard, and choose your preferred keyboard layout (which will probably be US.English. Click OK and close the window
pasted from: http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html
-
Thanks for that - when you say close control centre - do you mean re-boot?
-
Ok just tried but can't see the option as you described.
When I click on the control centre, the option I get on the menu is Einstellungen, nowhere in that drop down does it give an option for Land und Sprache.
What have I done wrong?
-
im not sure. visit the link i posted for the full instructions:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/posting...=reply&t=27396
Similar Threads
-
By mgirdwood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2007, 02:21 PM
-
By pvsurfer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 12:06 AM
-
By Filbert in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:19 PM
-
By MungoBBQ in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 03:28 PM
-
By baillie in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE
$58.99

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2TB Internal SSD M.2 2280 M.2 SATA III Black Model/MPN SSD2TBM2
$125.00

Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC
$109.99

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00