-
have to run pppoeconf every time
Hello, my PC is a common one, with 8139 netcard, and without any special hardware.
I have only one PC, and connect with internet through adsl. directly, without router or hub.
I installed Knoppix5.1.1 as Debian in my hardware, and I found this is a good distro except one bore.
I have to configure my pppoe by typing "pppoeconf" in konsole every time after booting my knoppix, or internet cannot be connected. I noticed that one line of boot scrolling is "Failed to bring up eth0"
On my other partitions, I installed Simplymepis and Dreamlinux. With this systems, I needn't configure pppoe every time. Internet conncetion is always ready after booting.
what is the matter? What can i do with it?
Similar Threads
-
By plener in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2006, 01:43 PM
-
By jacksonon in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-01-2005, 07:41 AM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 04:28 PM
-
By oscar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 12:55 AM
-
By guest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-30-2002, 06:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95