Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remastering questions.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6

    Remastering questions.

    Working on remastering my own copy of Knoppix for my own useage and I've issued the following command: cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/* /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX so now anything that I alter in /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX is gonna be altered into my finished version when I create the ISO? So for instance if I put in a script at /etc/rc5.d/ then when I create my ISO that will be included in there.

    I just want to make sure that I dont' totally mess something up (That'd be soooo me).


    The other thing I wanted to do, but can't seem to find the thread on it again is, I want to alter the default boot option to the following line: knoppix lang=us knoppix 2 by default all the time (US Language and text mode).

    After that, I know by altering /etc/rc5.d/ (I mean putting a script in there) I can put a line in that says /etc/init.d/ssh start but the only problem is the password. Is there a default password setup or how do I set it automatically as soon as the machine is finished booting? I want to be able to ssh into the machine from another machine after it's finished booting.

    I want to get around using a floppy disk at all which is why I'm asking about some of this. (And the machine is going to be booting w/o any interaction hopefully)

    TIA
    TDSK

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6
    Well I found out the part about the customizing the default boot options, so I'm ok on that part now. Just need to figure this other part


    After that, I know by altering /etc/rc5.d/ (I mean putting a script in there) I can put a line in that says /etc/init.d/ssh start but the only problem is the password. Is there a default password setup or how do I set it automatically as soon as the machine is finished booting? I want to be able to ssh into the machine from another machine after it's finished booting.

Similar Threads

  1. Some questions about remastering
    By Trace Green in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 04:36 AM
  2. Help with Remastering Questions
    By nick.carstensen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 01:58 PM
  3. A few Remastering Questions
    By DeadCreep666 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 12:28 PM
  4. 7 questions about remastering
    By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 03:49 PM
  5. A few questions before remastering :-)
    By Gamito in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$13.99



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



10G PCIe Ethernet Adapter AQC113 10GBase-T RJ45 NIC for Windows Linux NAS Server picture

10G PCIe Ethernet Adapter AQC113 10GBase-T RJ45 NIC for Windows Linux NAS Server

$57.99



Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS picture

Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS

$1499.00



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99



BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD picture

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD

$169.99



Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping picture

Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping

$22.99



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99