Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remastering questions.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6

    Remastering questions.

    Working on remastering my own copy of Knoppix for my own useage and I've issued the following command: cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/* /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX so now anything that I alter in /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX is gonna be altered into my finished version when I create the ISO? So for instance if I put in a script at /etc/rc5.d/ then when I create my ISO that will be included in there.

    I just want to make sure that I dont' totally mess something up (That'd be soooo me).


    The other thing I wanted to do, but can't seem to find the thread on it again is, I want to alter the default boot option to the following line: knoppix lang=us knoppix 2 by default all the time (US Language and text mode).

    After that, I know by altering /etc/rc5.d/ (I mean putting a script in there) I can put a line in that says /etc/init.d/ssh start but the only problem is the password. Is there a default password setup or how do I set it automatically as soon as the machine is finished booting? I want to be able to ssh into the machine from another machine after it's finished booting.

    I want to get around using a floppy disk at all which is why I'm asking about some of this. (And the machine is going to be booting w/o any interaction hopefully)

    TIA
    TDSK

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6
    Well I found out the part about the customizing the default boot options, so I'm ok on that part now. Just need to figure this other part


    After that, I know by altering /etc/rc5.d/ (I mean putting a script in there) I can put a line in that says /etc/init.d/ssh start but the only problem is the password. Is there a default password setup or how do I set it automatically as soon as the machine is finished booting? I want to be able to ssh into the machine from another machine after it's finished booting.

Similar Threads

  1. Some questions about remastering
    By Trace Green in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 04:36 AM
  2. Help with Remastering Questions
    By nick.carstensen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 01:58 PM
  3. A few Remastering Questions
    By DeadCreep666 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 12:28 PM
  4. 7 questions about remastering
    By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 03:49 PM
  5. A few questions before remastering :-)
    By Gamito in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty picture

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty

$895.00



Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch

$249.99



Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks

$124.99



Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears picture

Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears

$79.99



Juniper EX3400-48T Ethernet Switch, 12-Port, Gigabit, Rack Mount picture

Juniper EX3400-48T Ethernet Switch, 12-Port, Gigabit, Rack Mount

$184.99