-
How can I write data from cd to a ntfs partition in K. 5.0?
Hello,
I need to save an image of a windows partition to a ntfs partition through knoppix. I have to do it like this, because while I was formatting my partition c:, I cuouldnt continue, and in the moment the drivers where installing the monitor turned black and a message telling "energy saving" poped up and it was no possible to follow the installation.
So I am using a knoppix live cd, version 5.0.
To do this, I just need ntfs write access, and to run this program r-drive image, a windows program, so for that I think I must use winetools, but I dont know how to make these programs work
maybe itś a better solution as to redimension the main partition, and create a partition with a fat32 file system, then I could skip the installation of fuse or nfts-3g or similar programs? and to use just wine instead.
I tried to do it with QTparted, but when I redimentsioned my sda1 partition, (I don't understand why but itś not recognised as hda1, and thatś my main partition) I hope to not have conflicts for this........
Then I really need to be able to run this image because I have lots of data in my other partitions, incluided an external hard disk which is formated in nfts too,
what do you recomend me to do?
Thank you and regards
Similar Threads
-
By harry66 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By XeoNoX in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 05:44 AM
-
By terminator in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By doktor in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72