-
Video card not fully supported
Hi, I get the blank screen of death loading up Knoppix unless I enter "knoppix xmodule=vesa" at the boot line. With that cheat code, my copy of knoppix loads up fine.
My graphics card is:
BFG Tech BFGR73256GSOCE Geforce 7300GS GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card 512MB supported (256 on board)
The output from lspci -v is:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 945G/GZ/P/PL Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 02)
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device 5000
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Capabilities: <access denied>
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 945G/GZ/P/PL Express PCI Express Root Port (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
Memory behind bridge: e0000000-e2ffffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000d0000000-00000000dfffffff
Capabilities: <access denied>
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device a002
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
Memory at e5000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
I/O behind bridge: 00008000-00008fff
Capabilities: <access denied>
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 4 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=0
I/O behind bridge: 0000a000-0000afff
Memory behind bridge: e3000000-e4ffffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 0000000050000000-00000000500fffff
Capabilities: <access denied>
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI #1 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device 5004
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
I/O ports at b000 [size=32]
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI #2 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device 5004
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
I/O ports at b400 [size=32]
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI #3 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device 5004
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
I/O ports at b800 [size=32]
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI #4 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device 5004
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
I/O ports at bc00 [size=32]
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device 5006
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
Memory at e5004000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev e1) (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=04, subordinate=04, sec-latency=32
I/O behind bridge: 00009000-00009fff
Capabilities: <access denied>
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device 5001
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
Capabilities: <access denied>
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller IDE (rev 01) (prog-if 80 [Master])
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device b002
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at f000 [size=16]
Capabilities: <access denied>
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 01)
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device 5001
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
I/O ports at 0500 [size=32]
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 7300 GS (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Unknown device 19f1:1fe2
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
Memory at e1000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
[virtual] Expansion ROM at e2000000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 01)
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device e000
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
I/O ports at a000 [size=256]
Memory at e4000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
[virtual] Expansion ROM at 50000000 [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Similar Threads
-
By JeremyLikesKnoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2005, 04:00 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 04:47 PM
-
By qman_txun in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 12:56 AM
-
By nomex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM
-
By charles in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 11:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00