-
Problems with minirt.gz - unknown-block(1,3)
Hi !
This is the first time I write to this forum.
I have been working with remastering of 5.0.1 version, everything was alright (remove & add packages), until I decided to make a little change in the Welcome message, replacing "Welcome to Knopppix ...", with "Welcome to Avionix, based on Knoppix ...".
I modified the linuxrc file, inside minirt.gz (uncompress, mount, edit, umount and compress again) and build a new ISO and burn a CD.
After this, system doesn't boot and display an error:
Kernel Panic: not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs unknown-block(1,3)
If I restore the original minirt.gz, everything works well again.
I have been "googling" and applying lot of "recipes" and advices, but I can not solve this problem.
I appreciate your help.
There are the followed steps in details:
mastercopy is the master directory needed for remastering, /working is an example working directory.
cp /mastercopy/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz /working/
cd /working
gunzip minirt.gz
mkdir mnt
mount -o loop minirt ./mnt
Now, I can edit (with nano or vi text editor) and save ./mnt/linuxrc file
umount ./mnt
gzip -9 minirt
cp minirt.gz /mastercopy/boot/isolinux/
that's all
Thanks in advance,
Sebastian.
Similar Threads
-
By hanumant in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2007, 04:57 PM
-
By tstrickland in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-21-2005, 01:19 AM
-
By sand in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 09:51 PM
-
By rcastel in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95