-
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I booted with "knoppix 2" and commented out all of the Modeline entries from the XF86Config-4 file. I then tried to open KDE using "/etc/init.d/xsession start", but I just got an error message saying "No suitable x-server found for your card."
So I rebooted using "fb1280x1024 screen=1280x1024 lang=us depth=32 xserver=XF86_SVGA vga=normal" and repeated the changes to the XF86Config-4 file. I also changed the default color depth to 32 (it was on 16). When I started KDE the resolution was still the same. I tried changing the screen resolution in the Control Panel, saved it, closed out of KDE, and then restarted it. Again, no change to the resolution. <Ctrl><Alt><+> didn't change anything either.
However when I reopened the XF86Config-4 file, I noticed that a new modeline with the correct resolution had been added --I assume KDE added it -- but the x-session doesn't seem to recognize it. So I still can only see about a 463x198 piece of a 1600x1200 desktop.
Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
Similar Threads
-
By sunburnt in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 05:12 AM
-
By RoyalMail in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 12:34 PM
-
By DimGR in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:41 PM
-
By jclochesy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 07:55 PM
-
By winowman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.
$625.00

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50