Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: clusterKNOPPIX

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    clusterKNOPPIX

    Hi All!

    Now, I know that clusterKNOPPIX stopped development with version 3.6 but I've used it in the past to demo an openmosix load-balancing cluster. I tried it out the other day with my students and I could get neither Kandel nor PovRay to work. I seem to remember getting these to work in years past. Anyone have any success with Kandel for openMOSIX, PovRay for PVM or Blemder for MPI on clusterKNOPPIX? If so, let me know how you got any of these to work properly from the live CD version.

    TIA,
    AJG

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    BTW, I see a new live CD distro by the name of instantGRID based on KNOPPIX 5.0 with Globus ToolKit. It says on their website that you can run PovRay over a GRID with their CD but I don't see how as their site is mainly in German.....

    Anyone know how this works?

    TIA,
    AJG

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    104
    Will Parallel Knoppix suit your needs:

    http://idea.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix/

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Thanx for the suggestion. I've used parallelKNOPPIX at home, but there's a DHCP server conflict at school. So I thought openMOSIX would be easier. In fact, I used an old QUANTIAN CD which is based on an ealier version of clusterKNOPPIX and got Kandel to work, but not povray....

    Thanx,
    AJG

Similar Threads

  1. ClusterKnoppix help
    By tigerninja in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 12:05 AM
  2. ClusterKnoppix ver 3.6....help me!!!
    By imiziq in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 03:17 AM
  3. clusterKnoppix -- How to?
    By hemps in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 03:34 AM
  4. using clusterKnoppix
    By knight28974 in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 08:34 PM
  5. ClusterKnoppix
    By rvg in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



motherboard CPU combo am4 picture

motherboard CPU combo am4

$70.00



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99