-
No write access unless mounted in my $ folder
I have a second harddrive which has a desktop icon and is mounted at /media/sdb1
I also have an external drive which I connect from time to time which is /media/sdc1, 2 and 3 respectively (it's partitioned)
I can never write to the harddrive, unless I mount it in my home directory.
I can never mount the external usb drive (NTFS, Fat32, Fat32). I am not interested the NTFS partition for now.
I have tried changing the permissions through the gui and the terminal. The Harddrive is root group, jreidy user - so it should work.
Can anyone help?
Regards,
Jreidy
<edit> By the way, I have spent the day searching here and at linuxquestions.org and have tried the suggestions made in similar threads. I realize this is a common question but the typical solutions didn't work for me. </edit>
Similar Threads
-
By Dash_Riprock in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
-
By FabienO in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-27-2005, 07:40 AM
-
By irsirius in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2005, 10:08 PM
-
By Amdmhz in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 05:41 AM
-
By nightfrost in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99