Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No write access unless mounted in my $ folder

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2

    No write access unless mounted in my $ folder

    I have a second harddrive which has a desktop icon and is mounted at /media/sdb1
    I also have an external drive which I connect from time to time which is /media/sdc1, 2 and 3 respectively (it's partitioned)

    I can never write to the harddrive, unless I mount it in my home directory.

    I can never mount the external usb drive (NTFS, Fat32, Fat32). I am not interested the NTFS partition for now.

    I have tried changing the permissions through the gui and the terminal. The Harddrive is root group, jreidy user - so it should work.

    Can anyone help?

    Regards,
    Jreidy

    <edit> By the way, I have spent the day searching here and at linuxquestions.org and have tried the suggestions made in similar threads. I realize this is a common question but the typical solutions didn't work for me. </edit>

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    92
    Right click on the desktop icon and select "mount". What happens?
    Right click on the desktop icon again, and select "change read/write mode", it should ask you if you want to make the disk writeable. What happens?
    Try writing something (even 'touch something') at /media/<partition>. What happens?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2
    I've actually wiped the system now, so I can't check unfortunately. Thanks though!

Similar Threads

  1. Cant write to system32 folder in Knoppix
    By Dash_Riprock in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
  2. Moving files from Access Denied folder
    By FabienO in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 07:40 AM
  3. Write error on mounted partition
    By irsirius in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 10:08 PM
  4. Access Dinied on Shared Folder
    By Amdmhz in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 05:41 AM
  5. only root-access to mounted drives
    By nightfrost in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 08:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules picture

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules

$599.00



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$99.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99