-
Another booting issue... Buffer I/O read error
I just dowloaded a Knoppix live CD, and booted it successfully on VMware, as an ISO file from a virtual drive.
Then i burnt it on a CD (following the FAQ), and I came to boot an old P3 500Mhz ...not more than 128 Mb ram with it.
Well, I got so far as the desktop background, and then nothing:
however, on ttl1
There was a long list of the following errors:
Buffer I/O read error on device cloop0, logical block 843287
cloop: Read error at pos 620873442 in file /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX 102072 bytes lost.
cloop: zlib decpmpression error -3 uncompressing block 13176 .....
and the list contiues in this nature
Am i right in assuming that the CD did not burn properly? or could it be something else?
Thanks
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Another booting issue... Buffer I/O read error

Originally Posted by
Andu3019
Am i right in assuming that the CD did not burn properly? or could it be something else?
From what you describe it could be a bad burn. It also could be an optical drive that has become marginal due to dust and oil in the optics. And I would also try booting with the nodma cheat code (there is only a small chance that will help but it seems worth trying).
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By Freakazoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-20-2007, 12:32 AM
-
By frenziedskier in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-03-2005, 07:16 PM
-
By Tyreses in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 10:12 PM
-
By jcdecode in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:01 AM
-
By mshanmuga in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-19-2004, 06:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mass Microsystems DataPak 88MB Removable External SCSI Hard Drive...
$149.99

Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$350.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15" Pentium II 400MHz 128MB 4.8GB Windows 2000 Pro
$59.00

15pc Vintage Networking Electronics Lot Netgear Linksys D-Link Roku Untested
$85.00

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00

Vintage Tiny KB-9805 PC Qwerty Keyboard Retro Wired #99
$54.99

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage 1983 Commodore 1702 Color Video CRT Monitor. Tested.
$350.00