Hello....anyone? Please? I feel neglected here, and i'm on the verge of heading back to Windows.
I've installed Knoppix v5.1 to my HD as a Beginner-type installation, after ironing out several problems, i'm facing another one. I happen to have THREE sound cards in my PC: Two PCI, & one on-board (motherboard) sound. Sound works ONLY through the on-board sound. The other two, Audigy 2 ZS & Live! 7.1 do NOT work. I'm hoping the problem is simply a matter of choosing either soundcard as the default output, like you can in Windows. In Windows, i would do this by right-clicking the mixer icon on the taskbar, choose 'Adjust Audio Properties', and in the 'Audio' tab select a soundcard from the 'Default device' from the dialog box. Is there a similiar feature in Knoppix? Is it more involved/complicated then this? I'm pretty sure ALL three sound cards are detected with drivers working properly, because Kmix has a separate mixer for three devices: HDA Intel, CA0106 (Live! 7.1), & Audigy 2 ZS. Also, KinfoCenter lists the three soundcards under Sound. I'm still a relative newbie to Linux, some help on what to do next would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Hello....anyone? Please? I feel neglected here, and i'm on the verge of heading back to Windows.

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00