-
Hi JohnnyH,
thank you very much, it works! Works perfectly!
The reason why id did not before is that I was too impressed by that apt-get update error and that I always executed the commands in the wrong order. That is because I've read some place that even if grip is installed before the lame codec, it should automatically be familiar with the directory lame is in and thus work fine, even if the codec should be post-installed:
(root)
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install grip
apt-get install liblame0 lame
Well, that was the worng order.
Now, for the first time, I tried:
(root)
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install liblame0 lame
apt-get install grip
That worked fine
Thank you very much!
But if you thought that finally you'll have peace, I must disappoint you
Because in your sources.list, you also have a VLC-mirror. I was wondering which package to (apt-)get in order to run VLC? How could I find out on my own? And what is "libdvdcss"?
keenPenguin
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
keenPenguin
...Because in your sources.list, you also have a VLC-mirror. I was wondering which package to (apt-)get in order to run VLC? How could I find out on my own? And what is "libdvdcss"?...
You can use a search engine e.g. Google to answer such questions; putting in a search for
vlc linux
brought up www.videolan.org/vlc/ where you can navigate to Debian GNU/Linux at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-debian.html
which gives you the answer.
libdvdcss2 (current version) is a decoder for DVDs that have constraints on how the user can use them- again, use Google for your research.
Similar Threads
-
By labero in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2009, 11:44 PM
-
By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-13-2005, 01:41 PM
-
By rivendels in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 02:03 PM
-
By dantheman10110 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 06:29 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 03:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00