-
Problem Shutting Down
I have to tell you from the start that I am completely ignorant when it comes to using linux. I have a problem shutting Knoppix down. (I have knoppix 5.1.1)
When in KDE, I just go to Logout and then select the option for turning the computer off. KDE shuts down and I am dumped to a text only shell. I then log in as root and try giving various shutdown commands. If I type 'shutdown now', it accepts the command and doesn't give any error messages. However, the computer never shuts down. I know i'm probably doing something stupid. Can somebody help me out?
Similar Threads
-
By zsd in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-24-2010, 01:17 AM
-
By john83120 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2008, 04:26 PM
-
By someuser77 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-30-2006, 09:01 PM
-
By TheSpider in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 05:00 AM
-
By Me in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 12:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90