-
Lucent Orinoco USB v1, What am I doing wrong?
Hey everyone:
I've been able to get this wireless nic going on other linux's but not Knoppix. Here's all the info:
#
lsmod
orinoco_cs 13576 0
orinoco 37280 1 orinoco_cs
hermes 6272 2 orinoco_cs,orinoco
pcmcia 31272 1 orinoco_cs
pcmcia_core 34488 4 orinoco_cs,pcmcia,yenta_socket,rsrc_nonstatic
# lsusb
Bus 1 Device 2: ID 047e:0300 Agere Systems, Inc. (Lucent)
Bus 1 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
#
uname -r
2.6.20-BT-PwnSauce-NOSMP
#dmesg
uhci_hcd 0000:00:07.2: UHCI Host Controller
uhci_hcd 0000:00:07.2: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
uhci_hcd 0000:00:07.2: irq 10, io base 0x0000d000
usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usb 1-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Copied both drivers to the appropriate places:
orinoco_ezusb_fw and orinoco_usb_fw.h in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware and in /lib/firmware and in /lib/hotplug/firmware.
my iwconfig doesn't show the proper device name being loaded:
lo no wireless extensions.
wifi0 no wireless extensions. (My Netgear WG311T)
eth0 no wireless extensions. (my 3Com Nic)
One thing I am having trouble doing is loading the module on startup(I modprobe after the system has loaded), Could this be the reason WHY?
When I load it using MODPROBE orinoco_cs then this shows in dmesg:
orinoco 0.15 (David Gibson <[email protected]>, Pavel Roskin <[email protected]>, et al)
orinoco_cs 0.15 (David Gibson <[email protected]>, Pavel Roskin <[email protected]>, et al)
I just don't know where to load those modules ON STARTUP in knoppix. I've checked everywhere but nothing.
Thx for any help. I'm truly stumped.
Similar Threads
-
By Jberryman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-03-2005, 12:48 PM
-
By foxy in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 07:18 PM
-
By Ins0mniac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 04:06 AM
-
By diablo266 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 11:59 PM
-
By scm86 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Digital Movie Poster ( USB-flash drive)
$100.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00