-
I am not an expert, but I use knoppix 90% of the time now. What do you want to do. For mail, use icedove. For web browsing use iceweasal both under the intenet menu. For wordprocessing/spreadsheet use openoffice writer/calc under the office menu. For wireless use kwifimanager (only on the dvd it seems). I can send scripts that I use if you want. A wired connection with DHCP should be automatically configured.
To save your configurations between reboots, create persistent disk image on a fat32 partition. I would create a 1 gig partition since my 512 mb partition is now 85% full in just 3 months. Also, I store my mail and documents in a fat32 folder not the persistent disk image which is used only for configurations.
My configuration
A31p laptop with xpsp2. 40 gig ntfs partition for xp and knoppix iso files. 20 gig fat32 partition for data files shared between xp and knoppix, 512 mb persistent disk image on the fat32 partition for configuration only. Wireless network connection for internet access.
I am trying to use vmware for xp so that I do not have to reboot to xp when I need the rare app that I do not have in knoppix.
I live in sterling, and wont mind helping but it would be better for you to post here.
Similar Threads
-
By kathat in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2009, 05:24 AM
-
By Thermic_Trio in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2008, 06:13 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 03:08 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 03:07 AM
-
By davidemelan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2003, 09:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed
$125.00

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985
$32.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99