-
To nnigam
I haven't looked at my posting for awhile. Mainly because I didn't expect any responses.
So I want to thank you for your suggestions. Especially the email and wireless tips.
I've spent hundreds of dollars on different linux distro books(Ubuntu, Suse, and Knoppix and general linux concepts). I even bought the knoppix and linux for dummies books that was suggested in an earlier response. It really humbles a person when he cannot grasp certain concepts from the dummies series.
Anyway, I do believe in learning by trial and error through ones own efforts. However, I find that beginners have a better chance of learning when they can actually see and personally interact with teacher. At least that the way it's always been for me. I'm not a big fan of internet postings. Mainly because most of the sites I've been to is nothing more than a competition of egos. I've found very few linux sites that caters specifically to the beginner. That's nothing more than an opinion.
If you know of any additional sites, please let me know of them. In the meantime, I'll keep plugging away at Knoppix. I love learning new things. That's what brought me into the linux camp. I just wanted to learn.
Similar Threads
-
By kathat in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2009, 05:24 AM
-
By Thermic_Trio in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2008, 06:13 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 03:08 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 03:07 AM
-
By davidemelan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2003, 09:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99