Hello,
I am running Knoppix 5.01 off a bootable USB key. I want to add and remove packages using kpackage. I was able to download a new package list although it said that the package registry was not available. When I clicked through for the packages I wanted to add, again, everything seemed to work fine. However when I went to apply my changes, the interactive script said that it was upgrading 'tzdata' and appeared to get hung up. FYI I am running a LivePC with 512MB ram and no hard drive.
Is my problem:
1) I didn't wait long enough for my computer to do it's thing?
2) I don't have enough RAM to do this update?
3) I should have done it another way?
What is the best way to update/add/remove packages from a live USB version of Knoppix?
Thanks for your help.
LZ

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99
AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED
$300.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core Processor 32 MB L3 Cache 4 MB L2 Cache 512 KB L1 Cache
$278.11