Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: OUTLOOK and EXCHANGE

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17

    OUTLOOK and EXCHANGE

    Hi,

    Just installed KNOPPIX on my USB key, persistent mode.

    Youuuuuuuuuppppiiii!!!!

    I was just wondering if there's an equivalent to Microsoft Exchange (Outlook). See I want to be able to use a KNOPPIX tool to download, read and sent Email through our Exchange server at the office.

    I really want to step away from Microsoft products

    Thanks,

    Marc.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    92
    The Linux-clone of MS-Outlook is called Evolution. It does not come on the Knoppix CD, only on the Knoppix DVD.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SiKing
    The Linux-clone of MS-Outlook is called Evolution. It does not come on the Knoppix CD, only on the Knoppix DVD.
    Thanks for the reply,

    I also got the KNOPPIX DVD

    How do I install it to my USB key, from the DVD??


    Thanks,

    Marc.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by LAF
    How do I install it to my USB key, from the DVD??
    Nothing special about the DVD, except that it is BIGGER - it has significantly more software. If you're installing either the myconfig or persistent home, then it's all the same. If you're doing a HDD install (to a USB key), then you're going to need a pretty damn big key.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SiKing
    Quote Originally Posted by LAF
    How do I install it to my USB key, from the DVD??
    Nothing special about the DVD, except that it is BIGGER - it has significantly more software. If you're installing either the myconfig or persistent home, then it's all the same. If you're doing a HDD install (to a USB key), then you're going to need a pretty damn big key.
    Thanks SiKing,

    I did the Persistent home (from CD) to my usb key. So, how much space do you think I need on my USB key to install Persistent Home from the DVD? I made a 800MB partition for the CD version.

    Marc.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by LAF
    I did the Persistent home (from CD) to my usb key. So, how much space do you think I need on my USB key to install Persistent Home from the DVD? I made a 800MB partition for the CD version.
    Like I said: there is no difference. You will only have access to more applications on the DVD, but your home and configuration settings should stay more or less the same size.

Similar Threads

  1. Where can i get all my old outlook emails?
    By ipam45 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 10:10 AM
  2. Knoppix 5.0.1 and evolution for microsoft exchange
    By patelbhavesh in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 04:41 PM
  3. How do I exchange Ctrl and CapsLock keys?
    By oddgeezer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 09:54 PM
  4. Open source 'Outlook' alternatives?
    By Tortoise in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:58 AM
  5. Viewing Outlook PST Files
    By SerenityNet in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4 picture

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4

$79.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



Asus ROG Strix B460-H LGA 1200 ATX Intel 10th Gen DDR4 Motherboard picture

Asus ROG Strix B460-H LGA 1200 ATX Intel 10th Gen DDR4 Motherboard

$84.99