Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Newbie's couple of questions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3

    Newbie's couple of questions

    Thanks to a tech magazine I got a copy of Knoppix 3.1 cd.
    I am still switching between testing it and playing with it.
    I post the message trying to get familiar in shorter time.
    A) the setting of the keyboard of the 4 console sticks to "us" [is changed for X and its terminals];
    B) I followed suggestions [forum] to change the workstation hostname but on a LAN I still have to address the host either by means of IP or by original hostname (e.g. Knoppix).
    TIA for replies.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Newbie's couple of questions

    --Check /etc/hosts (' man hosts '). Not sure what to tell you about the lang.

    Quote Originally Posted by lrf
    Thanks to a tech magazine I got a copy of Knoppix 3.1 cd.
    I am still switching between testing it and playing with it.
    I post the message trying to get familiar in shorter time.
    A) the setting of the keyboard of the 4 console sticks to "us" [is changed for X and its terminals];
    B) I followed suggestions [forum] to change the workstation hostname but on a LAN I still have to address the host either by means of IP or by original hostname (e.g. Knoppix).
    TIA for replies.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 03:49 AM
  2. A couple of questions relating to sound
    By bobalex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 01:52 PM
  3. Couple questions
    By Anathema in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 02:48 AM
  4. New to Knoppix - couple of basic questions
    By tonedef667 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 01:29 AM
  5. A couple of questions
    By stv in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 04:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i  CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD picture

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD

$250.00



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$334.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray

$356.80



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK

$285.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50