-
Senior Member
registered user
Where is the dvd stuff installed in Knoppix
Hi;
In an effort to get xine working on my knoppix hard drive install I unistalled what I thought was everything related to xine and dowloaded fresh copies xine-lib, xine-ui, and libdvdcss.
I installed the new stuff. I noticed that the UI looks different when I run xine as root ( less fancy ) then when I run it as myself ( fancier gui ).
I installed the new xine stuff from source. I configured, maked, maked installed as root.
The difference between the guis is making me suspicious that I did not get all of the old stuff out.
I am curious to know if xine/dvd stuff would be anwhere on knoppix other then where the .debs would put xine-ui, xine-lib, and libdvdcss
Thanks in advance
Steve
-
Senior Member
registered user
Xine has several different GUI's available to use. Having more than one isn't a concern as you can change between them.
To find all things 'xine' just do this:
-
Senior Member
registered user
--Of course if it complains that the DB is more than 8 days old, you should do an ' updatedb ' 1st. Updatedb is also a good idea after running apt-get upgrade, or anytime you've added/subtracted a bunch of files.

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus
Xine has several different GUI's available to use. Having more than one isn't a concern as you can change between them.
To find all things 'xine' just do this:
Similar Threads
-
By tofu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:20 AM
-
By silvershadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:55 PM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
-
By M@rijn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 06:50 AM
-
By kendrew in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99