Xine has several different GUI's available to use. Having more than one isn't a concern as you can change between them.
To find all things 'xine' just do this:
Code:locate xine
Hi;
In an effort to get xine working on my knoppix hard drive install I unistalled what I thought was everything related to xine and dowloaded fresh copies xine-lib, xine-ui, and libdvdcss.
I installed the new stuff. I noticed that the UI looks different when I run xine as root ( less fancy ) then when I run it as myself ( fancier gui ).
I installed the new xine stuff from source. I configured, maked, maked installed as root.
The difference between the guis is making me suspicious that I did not get all of the old stuff out.
I am curious to know if xine/dvd stuff would be anwhere on knoppix other then where the .debs would put xine-ui, xine-lib, and libdvdcss
Thanks in advance
Steve
Xine has several different GUI's available to use. Having more than one isn't a concern as you can change between them.
To find all things 'xine' just do this:
Code:locate xine
--Of course if it complains that the DB is more than 8 days old, you should do an ' updatedb ' 1st. Updatedb is also a good idea after running apt-get upgrade, or anytime you've added/subtracted a bunch of files.
Originally Posted by rickenbacherus

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Micron 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 ECC Registered 288-Pin DIMM
$850.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 SDRAM DIMM 288-Pin Desktop RAM 2 Modules
$30.00