Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Where is the dvd stuff installed in Knoppix

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    Where is the dvd stuff installed in Knoppix

    Hi;

    In an effort to get xine working on my knoppix hard drive install I unistalled what I thought was everything related to xine and dowloaded fresh copies xine-lib, xine-ui, and libdvdcss.

    I installed the new stuff. I noticed that the UI looks different when I run xine as root ( less fancy ) then when I run it as myself ( fancier gui ).

    I installed the new xine stuff from source. I configured, maked, maked installed as root.

    The difference between the guis is making me suspicious that I did not get all of the old stuff out.

    I am curious to know if xine/dvd stuff would be anwhere on knoppix other then where the .debs would put xine-ui, xine-lib, and libdvdcss

    Thanks in advance

    Steve

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Xine has several different GUI's available to use. Having more than one isn't a concern as you can change between them.

    To find all things 'xine' just do this:

    Code:
    locate xine

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Of course if it complains that the DB is more than 8 days old, you should do an ' updatedb ' 1st. Updatedb is also a good idea after running apt-get upgrade, or anytime you've added/subtracted a bunch of files.

    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    Xine has several different GUI's available to use. Having more than one isn't a concern as you can change between them.

    To find all things 'xine' just do this:

    Code:
    locate xine

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to install stuff on Knoppix 3.6
    By tofu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:20 AM
  2. Add knoppix along with other stuff on dvd
    By silvershadow in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:55 PM
  3. knoppix 3.3 stuff
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
  4. put knoppix stuff on my C: Disk
    By M@rijn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 06:50 AM
  5. Java stuff in Knoppix
    By kendrew in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00