Hi,
I basically want to split knoppix image into two parts. The smaller first part should be around 256MB which can be mounted on a ramdisk. The remaining 500MB to be mounted from the media. And combine it with unionfs during boot time.
Step1: which components should go to base image ?
Step2: Some hacks in linuxrc to combine these 2 images using unionfs/aufs ?
I guess its simillar to having a small remastered knoppix image, and a large persistent image with all the apps. But I want the two images to be a read-only compressed images. First part being able to mount on ramdisk.
I would expect this to perform much better compared to loading the knoppix image from hdd/cd media.
Any suggestions regarding this ?
- LS
-------
Never mind, what am I thinking. All it does is speed up the boot up process save few seconds :P
Someone close this thread.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72