-
Please, help to install OMNeT++ on Knoppix!!!
Hi all
I need your help very urgently.
I am a newbie at Knoppix, I need your help. In my computer I have Windows XP installed, however, I want to use a software (OMNeT++) and make different simulations from console, for this reason, I need to run on Linux OS.
I have a Live-CD with knoppix. I boot my PC from CD and Knoppix is launched, in my directory I decompress OMNeT++ (in omnetpp sub-directory as it is mentioned after) software and these are the next instructions to be followed and I need some help:
##A sub-directory called omnetpp will be created which will contain the simulator
files. You should now add the following lines to your startup file (.bashrc
or .bash_profile if you're using bash; .profile if you're using some other
sh-like shell):
export PATH=$PATH:~/omnetpp/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/omnetpp/lib
For these variables to be included in the environment you will need to
restart the shell before proceeding (logout and login again).##
When is referring to the shell, is it simply the Console? I use Console to introduce the commands, where can I found the startup file to add these lines that are required to use OMNeT software?
Please could you let me know how to modify startup file?
Many thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By susanjohnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
-
By techdesk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 03:14 AM
-
By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By Jez in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
-
By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99