-
Sorry, I thought I had asked when I posted. I wanted to ask for recommendations for using Knoppix to transfer the files in question first to an ext3 fs and then to FAT or back to NTFS. The current copy of Knoppix I have, though, only gives me RO access to NTFS. I was wondering if the current Knoppix distro has read/write capabilities for NTFS so that I could move (instead of just copy) the files over to the ext3 partition, then to FAT.
As for having the space, I have a second drive in the system that's big enough to partition into a sizeable ext3 partition with room leftover for file storage on FAT (I can't even format the drive to FAT32 using XP, what a joke).
Ideally I'd like to return to Linux but I don't want to even deal with installing on an old Dimension 2350.
Again, sorry that I forgot to actually posit my question and for leaving out there the assumption that after reading this thread that I thought that writing to NTFS was considered safe. After what I read before my first post, I truly didn't think that would be an ideal solution, I just didn't take the time to think out an alternate plan to ask about and get feedback on.
Thanks for the help, Harry.
So right now, the question is:
Does Knoppix have rw support for NTFS so I can move the files off the drive, thereby stripping the permissions and freeing up space on that drive (the files in question take up about 3GB of space (mostly anime))?
If not, I'll have to find another, more costly and unsavory, solution.
Similar Threads
-
By don999 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-25-2012, 01:17 AM
-
By HappyDays in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:29 AM
-
By linusr in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-20-2005, 05:52 AM
-
By Millions Knives in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 05:36 PM
-
By Torriatte in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99