"swapon -s" will list the status of your swap partition(s)
"vmstat" or even "top" will mention swap usage (but probably not the details if you've got several partitions)
There are probably GUI equivalent but this should get you going![]()
HI!
Whenever I knoppix-installer a new PC, I always run qtparted first to set up dual partitions (hda1=wimpdoze, hda2=knoppix) and a swap partition.
My question is, how do I know that I set up the swap properly? Is there someway to see if its being used and what percentage of it is loaded at any given time?
TIA,
AJG
"swapon -s" will list the status of your swap partition(s)
"vmstat" or even "top" will mention swap usage (but probably not the details if you've got several partitions)
There are probably GUI equivalent but this should get you going![]()
OK, thanx a lot! I give that a try.
Regards,
AJG
DOH! Why didn't I think of top???
Thanx,
AJG

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN - SK Hynix 64GB PC4-25600 DDR4-3200MHz Registered ECC DIMM Dual
$493.31
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00
Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99