I'm booting Knoppix 5.1.1 from a single-partition USB flash drive with the following GRUB entry:
kernel /knoppix_linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=knoppix_minirt.gz nomce loglevel=0 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix toram noswap noeject noprompt single
initrd /knoppix_minirt.gz
After booting up, I would like to mount the USB key as rw so I can write to it. However, as you can see, even with the TORAM cheat code in the GRUB entry, Knoppix still held onto /cdrom and refused to umount.
When I tried to umount /cdrom, it says "device is busy".
Then when I tried "lsof | grep cdrom" and "lsof | grep sdb4" (my USB flash key is /dev/sdb4), there's nothing.
The output of "mount" showed:
/dev/sdb4 on /cdrom type vfat (ro,nodev,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,ioc harset=iso8859-1)
Can anyone please tell me how I can umount the USB flash drive after boot. Thanks!

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1785.15
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.60
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Apple Macbook Pro 16" i9-9980hk 32GB 1TB - Good
$509.99
Dell Latitude 7340 i7 13th Gen 13.3" FHD+ 32GB RAM 1TB SSD No OS Iris XE
$410.00