-
Unable to umount /cdrom even when boot with TORAM cheat code
I'm booting Knoppix 5.1.1 from a single-partition USB flash drive with the following GRUB entry:
kernel /knoppix_linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=knoppix_minirt.gz nomce loglevel=0 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix toram noswap noeject noprompt single
initrd /knoppix_minirt.gz
After booting up, I would like to mount the USB key as rw so I can write to it. However, as you can see, even with the TORAM cheat code in the GRUB entry, Knoppix still held onto /cdrom and refused to umount.
When I tried to umount /cdrom, it says "device is busy".
Then when I tried "lsof | grep cdrom" and "lsof | grep sdb4" (my USB flash key is /dev/sdb4), there's nothing.
The output of "mount" showed:
/dev/sdb4 on /cdrom type vfat (ro,nodev,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,ioc harset=iso8859-1)
Can anyone please tell me how I can umount the USB flash drive after boot. Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By RoyalMail in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
-
By Sgeo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 06:35 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:52 AM
-
By alfredoj69 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 04:32 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90