Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Repair Windows XP Home Edition

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    12

    Repair Windows XP Home Edition

    Hi,

    I have a serious problem with my OS WXP Home Edition, in fact, I cannot reboot and get the blue screen.

    I have a Knoppix Live DVD and wanted to know if I have any chance to execute windows sw like, Adaware, Spybot or HijackThis.
    I tried to use wine but the only thing I can do is to open the tested programs, like Word etc.

    How do I get wine to work in order to execute HijackThis and scan the HDD?

    I do apologize if what I write doesn't look like a good idea, but I am new to Linux and having no chance to boot my OS, I thought Linux would be of help.

    Thank you
    Alex

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3
    www.ubcd4win.com

    I have made and used a bootable Windows CD to save my previous machine several times. Its not hard to do; it took about an hour to make.

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to repair Windows 2000 boot using Knoppix 4.0.2
    By JungleBoy in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 07:35 PM
  2. How do I import a new disk in XP Home Edition using Knoppix?
    By Tarskidx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 01:07 AM
  3. Using a USB HD to recover data from XP home edition - query
    By Laurent in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 03:34 PM
  4. xp home edition
    By ftmhntr in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 06:20 AM
  5. Trying to repair Windows XP Pro with Knoppix 3.4
    By Graham Nichols in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell PowerEdge R630 Server 2x E5-2667 V4 = 36 Cores H730 32GB RAM 2x 900GB SAS picture

Dell PowerEdge R630 Server 2x E5-2667 V4 = 36 Cores H730 32GB RAM 2x 900GB SAS

$784.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount

$489.99