-
Knoppix 4.1 with xorg?
I believe knoppix switched it's video drivers for knoppix 5.0+? One of my computers runs better with the Xorg, or maybe it's the other one that was the new one? Well I was curious if it would be easy to make a knoppix CD based on 4.1, but with the different video drivers?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
4.1?
What's 4.1? As far as I know Knoppix went from 4.02 to 5 (with 5.0.1 being the first official Internet release in the 5.x range).
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
I dont know the exact version. I was pretty sure it was 4.1, but as I look on my desktop it says 4.0. Actually 4.02 sounds right. The new version, that I can't get to connect to the internet is, 5.1.1
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Knoppix 4.1 with xorg?

Originally Posted by
mustjustbe
... Well I was curious if it would be easy to make a knoppix CD based on 4.1, but with the different video drivers?
Short answer - No ! :wink:
Longer answer - you *might* be able to re-master with xorg 6.9 from Debian Backports (Google is your friend if you haven't used them before) - I managed it with Knoppix 3.7 but haven't tried with 4.02 ...
... but xorg 6.9 is a 'dead-end' anyway as there was a *major* architectural as well as libraries change to the xorg 7 releases used in more recent Knoppix (and current Debian stable|testing|unstable...

Originally Posted by
mustjustbe
... The new version, that I can't get to connect to the internet is, 5.1.1
I assume that you've searched the Forum - several people including myself have had this trouble and work-arounds have been posted. If that didn't help you you might like to try the latest Sidux - this works well for me, and being more recent than Knoppix 5.1.1 might incorporate more recent drivers if you've got very new hardware :wink:
Similar Threads
-
By snarkyFish in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2009, 01:01 AM
-
By yfan_ca in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2008, 03:29 PM
-
By elightbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2007, 12:11 PM
-
By dvryknopper in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-08-2007, 12:12 AM
-
By waellinux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00