What's 4.1? As far as I know Knoppix went from 4.02 to 5 (with 5.0.1 being the first official Internet release in the 5.x range).
I believe knoppix switched it's video drivers for knoppix 5.0+? One of my computers runs better with the Xorg, or maybe it's the other one that was the new one? Well I was curious if it would be easy to make a knoppix CD based on 4.1, but with the different video drivers?
What's 4.1? As far as I know Knoppix went from 4.02 to 5 (with 5.0.1 being the first official Internet release in the 5.x range).
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I dont know the exact version. I was pretty sure it was 4.1, but as I look on my desktop it says 4.0. Actually 4.02 sounds right. The new version, that I can't get to connect to the internet is, 5.1.1
Short answer - No ! :wink:Originally Posted by mustjustbe
Longer answer - you *might* be able to re-master with xorg 6.9 from Debian Backports (Google is your friend if you haven't used them before) - I managed it with Knoppix 3.7 but haven't tried with 4.02 ...
... but xorg 6.9 is a 'dead-end' anyway as there was a *major* architectural as well as libraries change to the xorg 7 releases used in more recent Knoppix (and current Debian stable|testing|unstable...
I assume that you've searched the Forum - several people including myself have had this trouble and work-arounds have been posted. If that didn't help you you might like to try the latest Sidux - this works well for me, and being more recent than Knoppix 5.1.1 might incorporate more recent drivers if you've got very new hardware :wink:Originally Posted by mustjustbe

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99