I am running knoppmyth and trying to configure the graphics card for a new-to-me HDTV. However, whenever I make a change to the xorg.conf file and reboot, the file is returned to the state before I edited it.
One comment used more than once in the file is the line...
# Auto-generated by KNOPPIX mkxf86config
However, I cannot fine the mkxf86config file anywhere on my system. How do I prevent the file from being reset?
Thanks in advance for the help

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90