-
Errors during file transfer and burn
I'm trying to rescue files off a laptop that ended up with a corrupt windows xp boot file. I can browse the file I want in Knoppix just fine, but when I try and transfer more then a few at a time to the external drive, or after the 3rd or 4th file transfer if I am doing small groups I get this error:
The process for the file protocol died unexpectedly.
I can't manage to burn to DVD either, because when I do it gives me this error instead:
Fatal error during recording: Object is remote.
Any advice for how to get around these problems?
Similar Threads
-
By w0lfie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
-
By bonkas in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
-
By astump in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-19-2005, 01:34 AM
-
By Level7 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 02:34 PM
-
By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95