-
Junior Member
registered user
booting knoppix 5.0
I was having trouble getting past the Accessing Knoppix CD at dev hdc message at the booti up of knoppix 5.0. I had heard linux has trouble writing to the NTSF format so i reformatted the hd to FAT. It is still stalling at this screen. I was using the 3.5 version of knoppix at first but even when i did vga=0 once it got past the boot (after about 15 minutes of waiting) the screen just flickered.
i am trying to use this knoppix 5.0 on an old emachine 633.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Since Knoppix does not write to the disk by default, the type of partition was not an issue, as far as booting is concerned. It does matter if you want to save any data.
My first guess is that you are burning the ISO at high speed, but you might need a cheat code or some help as well. I don't recognize the hardware, could look it up I guess, but you could have just posted the system specs, so I'm not going to try tracking down the information. I suggest that you look at the downloading faq for a pretty detailed list of the issues we have seen new users run up against.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By Zapper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2007, 09:07 PM
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By MavetLaAravim in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By p3 in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 09:01 PM
-
By Mindfield in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco WS-X4748-UPOE+E Catalyst 4500E 48 Port UPoE 10/100/1000 Switch - fast Ship
$39.98

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49

2 PACK Cisco AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 Aironet 2802 Series Dual Band Access Point
$19.85

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99