I am running knoppmyth and trying to configure the graphics card for a new-to-me HDTV. However, whenever I make a change to the xorg.conf file and reboot, the file is returned to the state before I edited it.
One comment used more than once in the file is the line...
# Auto-generated by KNOPPIX mkxf86config
However, I cannot fine the mkxf86config file anywhere on my system. How do I prevent the file from being reset?
Thanks in advance for the help

Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**
$69.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power
$129.99
Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari
$129.99
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29