Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How to burn DVD ISO with Nero 5.5?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15

    How to burn DVD ISO with Nero 5.5?

    I assume that I w first want to select "Disc image or saved project".

    Then I am asked to open a file. The types files I can select are as follows:

    CD-ROM (IS0) Compilation (*.nri)
    CD-ROM (MP3) Compilation (*.nr3)
    CD-ROM (WMA) Compilation (*.nrw)
    Audio CD Compilation (*.nra)
    Mixed Mode CD Compilation (*.nrm)
    CD EXTRA Compilation (*.nre)
    Video CD Compilation (*.nrv)
    Video CD Compilation (*.nrv)
    DVD-Video Compilation (*.nrd)
    CD-ROM Boot Compilation (*.nrb)
    CD-ROM (EFI Boot) Compilation (*.nrs)
    CD-ROM (Hybrid) Compilation (*.nrh)
    CD-ROM (UDF) Compilation (*.nru)
    CD-ROM (UDF/ISO) Compilation(*.nrc)
    CD Image (*.nrg)
    HFS CD Compilation (*.nhf)
    All Nero Compilations and Images [Default file setting]
    Image files (*.nrg,*.iso,*.cue)
    All Files (*.*)

    I am all sort of new to this and I don't know which file type I should use to make this burn. Can some kind person please help me?

    Bob

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    It should be the same as for burning the CD ISO. See the downloading faq for details.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15

    Looked at downloading faq

    Looked at downloading faq for Nero 5. I have v5.5. The directions for the faq describe the software as if it had drop-down menus. This software has no drop-down menus. You can choose a recorder. I chose the DVD image recorder. Then you can choose a data disc. From there you can choose a "data disc" or a "bootable data disc".

    Next you can choose to burn a music disc. Under that you can choose an "MP3 Disc" or a "WMA Disc".

    Then one can burn a DVD-Video file.

    Then there is an option to copy an entire disc.

    Lastly, a person can burn a "Disc Image". Maybe that's what I want to do. I was hoping someone could tell me how so I wouldn't have to waste a DVD.

    Thanks So Much,
    Bob C.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15

    Extra Info

    Now if I go to the "CD Recorder" I have the same file options for the CD as I have listed above. If I were going to burn a CD image of the downloaded ISO file, I guess I would choose the

    CD-ROM (ISO) Compilation (*.nri)

    filetype. Please look back at the different filetypes I can choose. There is no

    DVD (ISO) Compilation (*.xxx)

    filetype. Is this what I should be looking for?

    Bob

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    It's been a long time since I've used 5.x, I'm on 6.x now as it came with my DVD burner. I would certainly expect that if 5.x can burn data DVDs then it could burn one from an ISO. And yes, normal, real nero 5.x does have the drop down menu feature. If you're using one of the crippled Nero-for-dummies interfaces (Nero express or Nero smart start), you may or may not have the ability to burn an ISO file.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. image knoppix nero burn
    By katana in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 01:15 PM
  2. Burning the .iso file using Nero
    By ThePotato in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 05:07 PM
  3. Nero 5 / Knoppix 3.3 ISO Problem
    By GNUbie in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 05:34 PM
  4. Help with Nero 6 and Knoppix 3.3
    By wadz in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 01:10 PM
  5. Nero Burning Problems
    By chefakito in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height picture

Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height

$899.00



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



LSI Oracle 9361-16i 16-Port 12Gb SAS PCIe RAID Controller 7332895 picture

LSI Oracle 9361-16i 16-Port 12Gb SAS PCIe RAID Controller 7332895

$77.97



2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD External Hard Drive, USB 3

$59.99



Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J picture

Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J

$70.00