-

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
I tend to do it the other way around, set up the FTP server on the receiving system and just use Knoquror as the ftp client. Works either way, but avoids having to deal with an ftp server under Knoppix (there doesn't seem to be one on the CD, unless I just can't find it). But you're right,
Yes I agree, I guess I was assuming a few things.
1) A working Windows OS (box1)
2) A working knoppix OS (box 2) with access to partitions in the usual Unix formats
3) A swap file partition
4) A saved image (my config file and home directory) installed on the HD
In this way you can download additional software that knoppix doesn't have browser plugins wine and a ftp like FileZilla. Konquor works well only as a client.
PS lately I've been monkeying around with knoppix as a HD Debian install from the v5.1 and use both Gnome and the default KDE enviornments - works great and so far is the best linux I've used so far.
I was surprized at how much space is required for the HD install from the CD +4Gb!
Similar Threads
-
By thebeing in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2007, 02:06 PM
-
By ismxray in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-21-2006, 03:26 AM
-
By rolfhub in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-02-2006, 10:21 PM
-
By emmbec in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:19 AM
-
By gazelle in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99