Please see answer #1.
Greetings. I downloaded 5.1.1 and burned a CD. When I put it into my laptop and boot I get an error partway into the sequence. Here is what I see (I replaced some text with ...):
Running Linux Kernel 2.6.19
Total Memory...
Scanning...
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hda [IBM-DJSA-220]
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hdc [HITACHI DVD-ROM GD-S200]
Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hdc... insmod: can't read '/cdrom/modules/cloop.ko': I/O Error
Can't find KNOPPIX file system, sorry.
...
I'm dropped into a small command line interpreter. I know the drive works, because I can get to Windows with it normally and I can boot with it using some other boot disk.
Any ideas where to go from here?
Please see answer #1.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I'm on it. Thanks for the pointer.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58